LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shivam (nil)     28 March 2014

Case number

please somone tell how much time it takes in supreme court to get the case number of a case
( a review petition filed for over a month and still have not got the case number )
says under scrutiny
cant understand the reason for delay)
all papers are in order

Learning

3 Replies

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     28 March 2014

There is  no time limit prescribed. However after removing the defects, the matters usually are numbered and listed before the Court in around two weeks time. When a review is filed, the matter is not listed in court, unless so directed. Such matters are decided by way of circulation before the concerned Hon'ble Judges. Listing of review petitions takes some time as fresh cases are given priority over review petitions.

Rest assured that if the matter is filed and you have cleared all objections, your review will be listed in due course. Keep an eye on case status and also on the cause list of Supreme Court for updated information.

1 Like

Shivam (nil)     28 March 2014

thank u fr replying Mr. Divya jyoti.
I got worried . I thought that delay means my review has been or will be rejected.
Thanks a tonne .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2014

Properly advised by learned Mr. Jaipuriar, I fully agree with his opinion about the issue.  there is not fixed time limit for numbering and listing by the Supreme court, it depends on haw fast the previous pending issues are getting cleared and the other details have been well explained by my friend learned Mr.Jaipuriar.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register