Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venkatkrishna (AGM)     25 July 2010

case Dismissed in default

Good Evening Members

Eventhough  I was from the Advocates community, after entering in to service line and  representing for & on bahalf of  Employer,  I used to stand before various Advocates either Juniors or Seniors  like a lay man.  I faced several incidents  with Advocates.  

Vakalat is also a  contract between the client and  the Advocate.  But  it is very difficulty  to  get  justice against Advocate in case of breach of  the same.  My issue is  the  Advocate is appointed and  vakalat is given.  As per understanding   the appointed Advocate has to attend the matter  without fail.   Tight  schedule Problems may  come in every  the part of life  particularly for Advocates they have to  run from one court to another court to attend their client cases.  In such process it is common  that some times his client case may be dismissed in default  because of his non appearence.  It is purely  time management.   (Note : I am talking on civil litigation and  case of  no dispute of  payment of  his fee)  

The Advocates always  try to put the burden on the clinet and  for filing  restoration petiton  and  for further  process ,  they suck blood of the client.   The reason of dismissal of case is not fault of the client but ,  Advocates treat it as a  problem of  the client and  they will not get it restored  unless the client pay for  his fault. 

In one case  the Main suit was filed in 1995.  Court after several attempts fially  ordered for substitution service,  the client  spend  hefty expenses to that and  done.  In 2003 the main suit was dismissed in default.  The  Advocate filed the restoration petiton and the same came for hearing  in the year 2010 and order for notice  through publication  on that Misc application .

The advocate  charging every step since 1995 to till date. The  amount he  was paid is little or equal  to the main  suit amount.   How can we make  such Advocates  responsible for their negligence.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

SIR ,

KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU ARE ALSO AN ADVOCATE.

YOU MAY KINDLY NOTE THAT RESTORATION APPLICATION IS A CIVIL COURT MATTER AND WILL NOT COST MUCH .YOU MAY KINDLY GET THE MATTER RESTORED WITH THE HELP OF SAME ADVOCATE.AND DO NOT DISPUTE ANY FURTHER. KINDLY NOTE THAT THE PERSON IS KNOWING THE MATTER AND YOU MAY REQUIRE HELP IN FUTURE ,WHAT EVER EXPENSES ARE INCURRED CAN BE ADJUSTED AGAINST FUTURE PAYMENTS OF SAME OR ANOTHER CASES BY SORTING OUT THE DIFFERENCES.

KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A FACT THAT CIVIL COURT MATTERS GET PROLONGED AND IT IS ADVISIBLE TO DECIDE FEES AND EXPS ON PER DATE BASIS WITH FINAL AMOUNT AS COMPENSATION.PLEASE NOTE.

GOOD LUCK.

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

KNANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.9K271971251, 9960223100

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register