LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Rastogi   16 May 2020

case against dowry

a distant friend of mine married at an early age of 17 ........ 1 year earlier....but somehow she is not satisfied with the marriage as her groom used to abuse her ...hence she returned home after 4 months of marriage......her in laws filed a case against her in charge of theft.....so the bride's parents also filed a case against groom and his family for dowry. what are the legal steps she could take for getting a divorce.... please help

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 May 2020

Originally posted by : Nitin Rastogi
a distant friend of mine married at an early age of 17 ........ 1 year earlier....but somehow she is not satisfied with the marriage as her groom used to abuse her ...hence she returned home after 4 months of marriage......her in laws filed a case against her in charge of theft.....so the bride's parents also filed a case against groom and his family for dowry. what are the legal steps she could take for getting a divorce.... please help

1. IF Girl's age was 17 at time of marriage, THEN her marriage is legally "null & void" for all purposes. Instead of Divorce Decree, Girl has to file for Marriage Annulment Decree.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Mohammed Mohammed   16 May 2020

This marriage is already null and void under law so indeed filing divorce petition it's better to file for marriage annulment decree.If the girl parents think it's lengthy process so they can take aid of good divorce lawyer or go to family court for there grivrance or what they feel convenient can do.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     16 May 2020

I agree with the legal opinion of Expert Mr. Mohammed Mohammed 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register