Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     16 October 2008

CAREER IN IPR WITH LLM

Hi

I am an advocate(civil).  Doing LL.M Corporate Laws and P.G.Diploma in IPR Laws from NLSIU, Bangalore.  Can anybody advise me to get a job in the corporate world with my 15 years of experience and latest qualifications of IPR

Learning

5 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 October 2008

Can you please let me know the duration of the course in IPR doiploma?

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     17 October 2008

one year

Senthil Kumar (Patent Consultant)     10 November 2008

Hi Uma,

Definitely you will get. Before that what was your practice area?

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     11 November 2008

Mr Senthil,

I am the standing counsel for four co-operative societies.  My work with them is to advise them relating to bye-laws, amendments to bye-laws, conducting meetings,  supervising them to follow rules regarding meetings (in all aspects in the guise of inhouse advisor), filing recovery cases before the Co-operative Tribunal, Filing Execution Petitions,  representing before the Co-operative Registrars for getting attachments,  advising societies in matters relating to arbitration,  document verification, drafting and vetting several documents ( mortgage deeds etc.,)

Filing suits in several courts of Hyderabad, Secunderabad and Ranga Reddy Districts in relation to property.  I have filed partition suits, declaratory suits, Injunction suits, suits under specific  performance and represented before Mandal Revenue Officer, Revenue Divisional Officer, Sub-Registrar in relation to my cases. I am the counsel for defendants in a case before Land Grabbing Court.

In the early stages of my practice I filed several Consumer Cases before District Forums and State Forums.  I represented, before Assistant Labour Commissioner,  Criminal Courts ( Sec.138 N.I.Act) Sehgal Motors (My father was standing Counsel)

I do file appeals before the Honourable High Court.  But I don't represent.  I have got engaged my colleague and I entrust my appeals to her.  She is perfect.

(Guest)

Your work experience is incongruous with your latest specialization. Your experience is really valuable and rich. But if you are aiming for an IPR related careeer then I would suggest that you look for IPR related jobs, which I am sure that with your circle of friends be easy to look for.  you diploma in IPR from NLS is more valuable since any degree from NLS is preferred by big law firms and corporate houses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More