LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richa garg (student)     09 August 2014

Career guidance

I am law stdent persuing my 4th yr of bsl llb. i still confused abt my area of interest .i am unable to figure out how to choose any specific category . civil or corporate law ?m intrested in my masters in MBA but still finding it hard to focus .please guide me

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 August 2014

It depends upon various factors such as your area of interest, availability of proper guidence and opportunity, family circumstances, financial status etc. etc.

The degree of MBA is already a Masters degree which stand for "Master of Business Administration", however, for pusuing further studies in Business Administration is Doctorate, i.e., Ph.D.

Consult local career counsellor. 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     09 August 2014

Dear Richa Garg,

Legal profession as a career in any PSU or Corporate Office should have a strong base of Practice as a Lawyer.  If you are serious about pursuing legal profession, join a good Lawyer's firm as a Junior Member and work with all sincerety to learn the procedures and all the ins and outs of filing cases, presening cases, arguing, cross examining, Witness Management, Service delivery etc. etc. Once you have a good base of handling cases on your own two things can happen, one you may become a Senior Member of the Fir or become an independent Practitioner.  The other good thing that can happen is that showing the experience of practice in Court, PSU Banks or any other PSU organisations or Corporates may hire you as a Legal Officer, provided you apply to their advertisements.

First and foremost is the decision is to be taken by you only as to your future. Nobody else shall decide your future excepting you.  If you wish to go for MBA that will be entirely another path.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2014

It is always better to identify your area of interest, fix a goal/target, put your best efforts to achieve it instead of wasting time asking suggestions everywhere and from everyone passing by.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register