LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kokila shanmugam   16 February 2024

Car registration name changed without my knowledge

I have given my car to a known person for rental driving purpose.He said car monthly he will give amount but durle to car condition that was in repair stage before one year they have taken the vehicle but last month only they have started to give amount. For some personal reason we have taken our vechike back after that only we came to know that The man who have tooked it for rental have changed the name in RC with his name without my knowledge.

Initially we both have signed in a empty paper now I think that became an issue.

Will I get my car back from him.

How many months will it take to give judgement.

Can I fill for compensation too?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 February 2024

If there was no sale of the car then it is an illegal act, hence you first lodge a criminal complaint against him for his illegal act and request police to register FIR. Take the copy of the FIR and give an applcation to the RTO stating that he had fraudulently changed the name in the RC and to revert it. If RTO is not entertaining then you can file a civil suit for mandatory injunction to remove his name and replace your name by a direction to the concerned RTO for the reasons you rely upon. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register