LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan Choudhary   28 May 2024

Car iw damaged in coop housing society

My car is parked in a comman parking area of my building which is registered and ran by Co operative housing society. Society is charging me parking charges for the same.

recenty someone from the building gallery had thrown stones on my car and broke rear glass. My carcis brand new and its intentionally damaged by few person running society.

till date socitey have not taken any action or shown conern on this situation. Person has smartly done this so that he is not captured in the CCTV. Now alao I doubt they will repeat the same and socity is silent on this.

Experts, beed your suggestion if I can rake action against society and take compensation from them.


 6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 May 2024

Still FIR not lodged? seems some miscreants, it is an act of Vandalism  and it can happen again, so better lodge police complaint .


Mohan Choudhary   28 May 2024

I went to police station but they are not taking interest to loge FIR

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2024

If the society is silent about the complaint given to them then you can either drag the society to consumer forum for deficiency in service, and you may also claim compensation for the damages from the society because they are vicariously liable for the demages, this is besides the insruance claim you may make it with the insurance company towards the damages, alternately you can submit a complaint to the deputy registrar against the society for ignoring your complaint because society is responsible for the welfare of the members and also for their cars for which they collect the parking charges.

If you suspect anyone in the society , you can very well include that suspected person/s as accused in your complaint with the police, if the local police is not showing any interest then you may escalate the matter through the top police officer of your city seeking his intervention and direction to the local police to investigate and take proper legal action on your complaint 

Mohan Choudhary   28 May 2024

Sir, thanks for the guidance. I will official send complaint letter to society and deputy registrar too. 
I today found that there are multiple NCR on the person which I am strongly suspecting. Spoke to one police officer and he suggested to send complaint letter to Comissioner office to lodge a Chapter case on the person.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 May 2024

You can foillow the advise suggested by the police officer in this regard and follow it up properly so that the rogue do not roam free after committing such crimes. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     29 May 2024

You will have to identity miscreant  and lodge police complaint / FIR besides complaint before consumer disptues redresal commission, if society MC fails to initiate action.

Cosnult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register