LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin agrawal   29 December 2023

Car insurance compensation


I need to file compensation claim against car insurance company for providing deficient service in the claim process. They had got done my car repairs in the wrong garage and delivered faulty car and not ready to accept it after keeping the car for 19 days with them. I want to sue them for mental harrassment and also for my faulty repairs. Is there a limit for compensation I can claim ? Kindly guide. 


 10 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2023

For filing a complaint before consumer redressal commission the time limit is 2 years.

You can calculate accordingly.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     30 December 2023

You can file complaint before Consumer  Commission against Insurance company within two years from the date of repair of your car.

1 Like

nitin agrawal   30 December 2023

Thank you sir for your reply. I would like to first write to the insurance company and seek compensation for faulty repairs and mental harrassment. Kindly guide as to how much compensation can I seek if there is a limit ? I was hoping for 4 lakhs for mental harrassment and 2 lakhs for faulty repairs.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2023

the amount can be deliberatd nlyondiscussion with reference to the papers.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2023

The quantum of insurance claim amount that you desire to claim will depend on the justification you would expressly mention in your complaint before the consumer redressal commission

1 Like

nitin agrawal   30 December 2023

Thanks again for your replies. Can you please guide me how much will be the approx advocate fees for the entire case till I get my compensation.I am based in Chennai. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2023

The advocate fee cannot be quoted by other advocate.

You can approach an advocate to help you out of court for preparation and filing procedures and can file it as party in person in order to reduce the advocate fees. 

1 Like

nitin agrawal   30 December 2023

Ok got it. Thanks for your time. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2023

You are welcome for your appreciations

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2023

better meet a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register