LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayesh sinha (junor engg)     15 May 2021

Cancellation of insurance cover of self in health insurance

i  have taken health insurance non stop from year 2015 to 2020 from oriental insurance company Ltd and in 2021 I switched to star health insurance they have cancelled my insurance cover on ground of non disclosure of pre existing disease kindly advise if I took potability to other health insurance in 2022 will be continuity benefeits will break or not breaks and options are available to me,request to provide circular to help me so that my continity benefits are not brokenas per irdai norms the health insurance company are not providing me call details recording and whatsapp chat 

J  K SINHA

Learning

4 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     16 May 2021

let ask your insurance officer and get clarity

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2021

Many of us suffer from the illusion that we might not receive a medical cover if we suffer from certain illnesses. Contrary to this myth, it is often the case that your insurer is ready to provide you with a good insurance plan covering all your health complications.

So there is no need to be under the impressions that your pre-existing condition is a disadvantage to you, but make sure you do not sabotage your own, chances of making a successful claim by hiding your condition from your insurance company.

jayesh sinha (junor engg)     17 May 2021

I had informed the new insurer at the time of porting to sales executive and under impression that medical data bank is automatically transferred from previous insurer to present insurer and after seeing all medical history new insurer gave noc for potability after doing medical evaluation so where is question of hiding

yasaswi gomes (.)     18 May 2021

I heard insurance and mutual funds are very complex and they have special lawyers for those crimes long ago. Why don’t they have an ombudsman?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register