LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun   20 October 2021

Cancellation of a decree - land issue

Is it possible for cancellation of a decree given by civil court order. It's been more than 6 years since the court order was given(Affected party wasn't aware of the court order by any means). But affected party would like to challenge this decree since they have necessary supporting documents that could cancel this decree.

how would that party needs to proceed in this case.

 3 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     26 October 2021

File an appeal against the order in proper Appellate Court and challenge the judgment and decree and claim that judgment and decree be set aside.

Arun   28 October 2021

Thank you so much Deepak for the response. Please clarify/confirm on the below

1. Is the appeal only with 30 days of the judgement, in this case, it has been more than 6 years

2. Affected party didn't appear before court to submit any proof, as they weren't aware of case in court. so can they submit additional evidences to support their case


They did contact as advocate, apparently. he said, nothing can be done now as it's been more than 6 years. Are there any special advocates who handles this type of cases, please guide

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2021

You may take your chance by approaching the High Court under Article 227?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query