Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman ( )     27 November 2020

Can the donated land t state can be reclaimed?

Hi,

Can the legal heirs reclaim the donated land (50 acres), which was donated to state in the year 1962? Because the original intent to donate the land was to help poor people, instead the land was grabbed by some rich people. They got the pattadar passbooks on their names too.

These lands were donated by my late grand father in 1962, when my dad was minor and lands lands were on dad's name. 

Dad passed away a month back. I would like to know, if there are any possibilities to reclaim the ownership since the donated land could not be used for stated purpose or approach court to pursue the matter.

Please let me know if you need any other information. I highly appreciate your valuable advice/suggestions/time if any. 

regards,
Raman

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 November 2020

1. TRY to file a Writ Petition in your state HC, for your purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Raman ( )     04 December 2020

Thank you! I know it may take lot of time to reach the court hearing... meanwhile, the respondents are taking speedy steps to sell the lands to third parties. Third party rights will be involved and it will lead to multiplicity of the litigation, and it will be very difficult to recover the same. Is there a way I can stop them through restraint order or something in that line?

I appreciate your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register