LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Can parents register their land share to any person

Dear Sir/madam,

i need some clarification in family issues.  If one child only take care all expanses of parents hospitality ,food and maintenance other child's not take care.

So if parents like to register their land share to a specific "which child take care of them".

Please give your suggestion.



 8 Replies

Shashi Dhara   21 November 2021

If it is not ancestral then they have right to dispose their property as their wishes.

1 Like


Thanks sir/madam for your valuable response. If its ancestral how to dispose their property to who one take care them.

Currently the the property name registered from ancestral  to parents name. So parents have to dispose their property as their wishes.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 November 2021

You may sell the ancestral property for your personal needs and handover its proceed to the child taking care. 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 November 2021

Any person can bequeath his share in the ancestral property to others either through a gift deed or relinquishment of their share in the interested co-sharer.

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   21 November 2021

If it is ancestral first u have to divide it and the father his share can sell or relinquish  or dispose as per his wishes.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 November 2021

please come clear with facts of the casse.


Mere inheritence byg one child does not case any exclusive liability to look after parents.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 November 2021

The parent, during lifetimes, can dispose the property at their discretion. However, there could be limitations if the property is ancestral.

1 Like


Hi Sir thank you for all  valuable suggestion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register