Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Prashasr (CEO)     22 January 2014

Can my wife harass my parents?

Dear All,

My wife dint wanted to live with my family, so I left them and started living in other house, but the story is worse there. 

Can she harass my family? nothing wrong has been done.

Learning

8 Replies

great india (manager)     22 January 2014

depends..... 1. if monts have passed you can prove your residence ( last place stayed) is seperate. 2. parents resude seperately so they donot have any involvement in matrimonial dispute of yours. 3.she deserted you and theatens of filing false cases

Rakesh Prashasr (CEO)     23 January 2014

1.Yes, its more than 2 years we both living away from parents, although I visited my parents and she visited her parents (We both dint visited our inlaws or inlaws contacted us).

2. there was no involvement of parents in matrimonial dispute.

3. Yes she and even her parents threatened me of false case. but I have no prove for it.

thank you

dv (ghvhb)     23 January 2014

Take steps to preempt the threat... Visit the sp office local police station and give in writing everything to them. With help of a lawyer send or give her Iistridhan Maybe filinf rcr will help but don't wait for the sky to fall or if its too late... Collect all evidence

Take steps to preempt the threat... Visit the sp office local police station and give in writing everything to them. With help of a lawyer send or give her Iistridhan Maybe filinf rcr will help but don't wait for the sky to fall or if its too late... Collect all evidence

ishita (Copywriter)     23 January 2014

It takes two to tango and something must have happened for sure that first you both had to leave your parents home and live separately and then she left you. Saying nothing happened is a bit bizarre. Come u with the facts. Your parents must have harassed her at some point in time or you must have also retaliated that is why the situation reached this point. Anyway, just contact her and ask her for how long she plans to stay apart. Had she wanted to take the legal route she would not have sat quietly for 2 years. She would have done it right away the moment she left your house. Maybe she wants you to take the first step and work towards reconciliation. So do it. Ask her if she wants to part ways. If she agrees apply divorce through MCD and if there is agitation it means she does not want to end the relation so start working towards mending your ways. Visit a counselor and understand where the problem lies and try solving it amicably.  

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2014

how things went wrong? please elaborate facts.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     06 May 2014

@Rakesh- sad but good that you are staying away from your parents.In any future misadventure by your inlaws and wife atleast they will be saved.Try to collect all documentary evidences that no dowry was taken.Record all important situations ,every now and then give some gifts and indirectly ask dowry specific questions.This will save you in the future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register