Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMAD SODHA (CEO)     12 August 2011

Can man live with women in one room without marriage?

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE FRIEND FROM USA AND SHE IS LADY, SHE WANT TO COME INDIA, SO I CAN SHOW HER KERALA AND KARNATAKKA, SHE WANT TO COME HERE FOR SIGHT SEEING, SO I HAVE TO GO WITH HER TO SHOW THIS, BUT PROBLEM IS THERE THAT SHE WILL COME ALONE AND I WILL BE ALOLE WITH HER, SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BOOK 2 ROOMS, SO CAN WE LIVE IN ONE ROOM AS A FRIEND? WE ARE JUST ONLY FRIEND, BUT WHAT IS THE INDIAN LAW SAY ABOUT THIS? PLEASE GUIDE ME, SO WE WILL NOT SUFFER PROBLEM

PLEASE GUIDE ME.

Learning

12 Replies

GIRISH KUMAR, ADVOCATE (Lawyer)     12 August 2011

Best of luck and proceeded with care. There are no such type of legal bar. 

rahul (hr executive)     12 August 2011

can anyone tel me what is the process of getting married in aarya samaj hyderabad.........

gaury..fight to win (Education)     12 August 2011

Originally posted by :AMAD SODHA
"
DEAR SIR,

I HAVE FRIEND FROM USA AND SHE IS LADY, SHE WANT TO COME INDIA, SO I CAN SHOW HER KERALA AND KARNATAKKA, SHE WANT TO COME HERE FOR SIGHT SEEING, SO I HAVE TO GO WITH HER TO SHOW THIS, BUT PROBLEM IS THERE THAT SHE WILL COME ALONE AND I WILL BE ALOLE WITH HER, SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BOOK 2 ROOMS, SO CAN WE LIVE IN ONE ROOM AS A FRIEND? WE ARE JUST ONLY FRIEND, BUT WHAT IS THE INDIAN LAW SAY ABOUT THIS? PLEASE GUIDE ME, SO WE WILL NOT SUFFER PROBLEM

PLEASE GUIDE ME.
"

there is no such law but this contray to indian society.No body will be watching what u are doing inside.

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     12 August 2011

@Author

If the lady is cunning, you could be thrown behind bars for any reason ranging from molestation to rape :P

Jokes apart, fact is that it is not a crime to live in single room not only for travel but also if you opt for live-in.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

2 Like

Naveen Kumar (service)     12 August 2011

Mr.Amad, Thr's nothing wrong living with women, but there should not no rooms for allegations... b'coz this india.  In India If you eat also plople will say that u eat more, if you dont eat also they blame for conjus.....

Dipangkar (Business)     12 August 2011

Originally posted by :Saurabh..V
"

Jokes apart, fact is that it is not a crime to live in single room not only for travel but also if you opt for live-in.

"

Yeah! Now-a-days even "LIVING TOGETHER" is a latest trend, and is "allowed" in India.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     12 August 2011

As per our Indian Culture u both r not live one room but u says u both r good friends and also good person so no problem if u live in one room.  She is your good friend and guest of u, so at that time it's your liability for care her.  

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 August 2011

Unsuspecting Indian males often trapped by females, often of foreign origin. When it is man vs. woman Society always sides with the woman, particularly, if she is a foreign passport holder. It may be exciting to say hum tum ek kamre me bandh ho'  But one should not have to repent later.

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 August 2011

If there is no bad intention in the minds of both then you can stay in one room. I do agree with Sourbh V.

shiv mohan gulati (member)     05 February 2012

There is nothing wrong in living in one room, but if there are no bad intentions in the mind of both of them because every adult is free to live with anyone.  You cannot stop people for making comments on your staying with adult woman in single room. Though  you may not have even touched her, yet the people could stay anything, which may not suit both of you. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 February 2012

The first post was specific. But the above answer is general. If the woman is married to another person, her husband can sue the male friend under Section 497 IPC. Of course there may not be eye-witnesses. Bot 497 offence is never committed in public view.

(Guest)

@Author,

Why you are confusing yourself, Better take 2 Seperate room. If you are looking  for LEGAL opinion then Indian Laws are not favoured and Presume you as Culprit, If she has any slightest Idea she can screw you for :

1) Rape charges (wheather you did it or not)

2) If she has Boy friend / husband, at any point of time within 3 years he can book you for Adulty.

All laws are made for Women in India, weather indian or American women. Better rent seperate accomodation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register