Can impotency / relative impotency a ground for ipc420

network engineer

Hello Experts, I have seen some of the Posts discussing about IMPOTENCY in the forums . Can u please help me in the following regard. My wife gave a false complaint against me stating me as IMPOTENT which I am NOT. The Police had sent me for medical tests, in that it is very clear that I am POTENT. Even then she is stating me as IMPOTENT. I have also seen some people discussing about Relatively impotent i.e impotent to a particular woman ( ----- However this can not be proved with regard to a Particular Woman )--- Can this be a stand for her to support her false statement. Based on these forum discussions, Impotency / Relative Impotency can be a Ground for Divorce. But can this Relative Impotency be a crime to file a case with IPC420 Now can anyone please help me with few judgments based on false allegation of IMPOTENCY from HC or SC which can help me to defend my case? (Please share me the link from where I can get the judgment) Thank you in Advance

Please mention which medical test you underwent? Also mention the sections in the chargesheet. These days impotency is curable condition in most cases and so it is not really a strong ground here. Then again impotency should cause annullment of marriage and that means no need for divorce or for you to pay alimony if you opt annullment.

Total likes : 1 times


network engineer

the sections are 498a ,354 , 420 ,120B,  500.


Of course Impotency may  be curable .  But the medical tests proved me as POTENT.

And is it a tough job to prove Relative Impotence and Cure 

I have undergone medical tests with the police orders.


" Then again impotency should cause annullment of marriage and that means no need for divorce or for you to pay alimony if you opt annullment." ............. For this no Man accepts himself as IMPOTENT being a POTENT ....... And also it is possible to prove that our marriage is consummated as Iam having the Abortion reports of my wife's 40 days pregnancy

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

Harda (MP),:  A local court has ordered a woman to give Rs. two lakh as compensation to her estranged
husband for alleging that he was impotent. 

Another case citation in Rajastan state.   Rajasthan High Court

Smt. Shanti Devi


Raghav Prakash

Date of Judgment: 29 October, 1984
Equivalent citations: AIR 1986 Raj 13, 1985 (1) WLN 437

Author: G M Lodha
Bench: G M Lodha

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x