LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunan   20 June 2020

Can i take a gift deed

Can I take a gift deed from paternal aunty i.e my dad sisters.

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 June 2020

Originally posted by : arunan
Can I take a gift deed from paternal aunty i.e my dad sisters.

1.  YES .... legally it is possible for Paternal Aunty to Gift you any immovable or movable property, via a registered Gift Deed.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Virtual Legal Assistant (.)     20 June 2020

Greetings,
A gift deed is a document that records the act of giving a gift and is executed between the donor (the person giving the gift) and the donee (person receiving the gift). A gift can be a movable or immovable property that is transferable and tangible.
Under section 122 of the Transfer of Property Act,1882, you can transfer immovable property through a gift deed. Like a sale deed, a gift deed contains details of the property. A gift deed is that valid document obtained after registering the transfer of immovable property to the beneficiary. Registering the gift deed with the sub-registrar is mandatory as per section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908 and as per section 123 of the Transfer of Property Act.

Yes, your paternal aunty can gift you movable or immovable property by way of a registered gift deed.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     20 June 2020

Yes, your paternal aunty can gift you movable or immovable property by way of a registered gift deed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 June 2020

I endorse opinion and advise of experts, your aunt can execute a "gift deed" for any property owned/ held by her in favour of anyone of her likes/choice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register