Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek jaiswal   21 December 2021

Can i revoke an irrevocable power of attorney with builders?

Hi my name is vivek jaiswal.
Approx 4 years ago my elders spoke to the builder to for the development of our property.
We have thika tenancy property so builder made a notarized agreement (power of attorney) on 2016 to develope it and gave 2 lakh out of 12 lakh as promised and they got only G+2 plan sanctioned.
Then they told us to get G+4 sanction we have to transfer land from thika to ownership and then they took us to court to sign the documents on 2017 for that after it get done we got to know that it was fraud somehow I don't know they got G+4 plan sanctioned from 1st floor to 4th floor but land is still thika property.
When we asked them they threatened so we kept quite.
And now we still didn't get all the related documents from them like power of attorney, joint venture etc.
I asked them for that and threatened me so after lots of trouble finally I got the copies of court registry papers I mean power and venture from the court and when I read it they didn't mention about the rest 10 lakh rupees which they promised to give.
They made irrevocable power that until and unless they make the building and sell the promised floor we cannot revoke it.
They made ownership from 1st floor to 4th floor by fraud.
And their old notarized (2016) agreement is expired on February 2021 but irrevocable power is not.
So now I want to revoke this because it's a fraud.

What should I do please help me 🙏

Please suggest me section and the way to revoke the power

Thanks in advance
Vivek jaiswal

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   21 December 2021

Issue legal notice to him that POA has revoked and also publish in news paper and also file suit in competent court of law about fraud with local advocate.. against him.

vivek jaiswal   21 December 2021

@shashi dhara

Thanks for replying from your precious time. 

If I issue legal notice regarding revocation of POA then is it possible that both POA & joint venture will be revoked.

And can you please tell me approx time of an entire process till end? 

Shashi Dhara   22 December 2021

If they approach court you have to defend,so it may take some time ,engage advocate and defend for revocation of POA for fraud and other reasons .

vivek jaiswal   22 December 2021

@shashi dhara

I have been to advocate and they said it will take 10-15 working days for revocation of POA and builders will get notice but to revoke joint venture it will take 1 year

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More