can i practice

Respected Sir/Madam, 

I am a member of Odisha Bar Council and currently staying at Pune Maharashtra, will be shifting Odisha after 8 to 10 years, I am practicing in Tax Laws…..

I was under impression that I can practice here following  sec.30 of advocate act without transferring my license to local bar,  but one of my friend, he is was a District Judge and now practicing as an advocate after retirement, said Maharashtra & Goa Bar Council has its own law and they do not allow any outside lawyer to practice here. And One more friend said nothing like that……………….

I am little confused and unable to decide, what to do, Shall I transfer my COP or still I can run a law firm here at Pune Maharashtra without transferring the same.  

If I start a Law firm here and engage professionals to facilitate good service to my clients will that do or I have to transfer my COP( Certificate Of Practice)  

I’ll be grateful to you if you could get me out from this dilemma……..






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x