LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


 5 Replies

Shambasiv (n/a)     25 May 2009

Copies of FIRs are given free of cost. FIR copy is given immediately after registration of a case. Where a case has not been registered, you are entitled to an acknowledgement from the Police Station for your complaint. This acknowledgement will carry a CSR number. 

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     25 May 2009

 perfectly answered by Learned Friend Sri. Sambasiv. Police must issue a receipt to your complaint and if they are refusing for the same, you can even send the copy of your complaint thorugh RPAD to the concerned police. 

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     25 May 2009

Kindly tell the full form of CSR and RPAD.Thanks.

jamal (business)     26 May 2009

What is the difference between a complaint and a F.I.R,

can the police collect voice samples from persons during investigation only whan complaint is filed but no F.I.R is filed.

Rajendran Nallusamy (Advocate)     27 May 2009

 If it was a cognisable offence, the Station House Officer (Inspectors) should ensure that a case was registered and a copy of the First Information Report (FIR) issued to the petitioner. If the petition related to a non-cognisable offence, the officer in-charge would have to issue a petition receipt (PR) or a community service register (CSR) receipt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads