LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UJAS DHARAMSHI (Corporate Lawyer)     28 July 2008

Can I file RTI for college admssion?

I am now in 2nd Year BLS/LLB and I got  60.5% in 1st Year LLB (3rd Year BLS/LLB) from Rizvi Law College, Bandra, Mumbai. I then applied to GLC in Churchgate, Mumbai one of the reputed colleges for 2nd Year LLB (Actually 4th Year BLS/LLB).

Howver they said that any or no seats are vacant for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Year. However I dont think that any eseats for all three years would not be vacant So can go RTI Act and get the details of How many seats are available and how many seats have been fulfilled?

If yes where should I get the stamp paper and of what Amount. After filling the requisite details to be disclosed where should I hand over the RTI stamp paper to the PRO officer..

Learning

2 Replies

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     28 July 2008

U CAN FILE RTI APPLN ONLY IF THE COLLEGE IS RUN OR OWNED OR MANAGED OR SUBSTANTIALLY FINANCED BY A GOVT. IF NOT, U CAN FILE RTI APPLN WITH THE PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER OF THE UNIVERSITY TO WHICH COLLEGE IS AFFILIATED, AND REQUEST THEM TO SUCK THE REQUIRED INFORMATION FROM THE PRIVATE COLLEGE U/S 2 [F] OF RTI ACT. FOR FORMAT AND PROCEDURES ETC, PLEASE REFER MY FILE POSTED ON THIS PORTAL PERTAINING TO MAHARASHTRA RTI RULES. 

Hemanth Kumar (student)     24 October 2008

Hi

visit the site:  www.rti.gov.in for more information.

with regards

VASU

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register