LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggling Landlord (Proprietor)     30 January 2020

Can I file injunction against expired licensee ?

In one LL/Tenant case (eviction for non payment & arrears u/s 15 of MhRC 1999) we have compromise before mediation & Compromise Decree was drawn that comprise I have changed his status to licensee with 9 years term ...which expired on Mar19. Now licensee not vacating / increasing rent to current valuation query to this forum what can I do to get fair & fast justice ? To file standard rent application or Eviction since License expired ? or injunction to restrict him ? or demand mesne profit damages through Order XV-A ?
Your valuable comments / suggestion are welcomed .... Thanks


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 January 2020

Dear querist,

Yes you can approach court against tenant.


Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 January 2020

Why you did not issued notice and let him vacate the premises, do it now  and mention that if the premises is not vaccated within weeks time he  shall be liable to pay higher rent per day (fix some some amount per day)   till vaccation of premises.

Then file suit for eviction and recovery of  rent ;

Or simply ,as you have compromise decree you can enforce that even by executuion as the decree shall be effective for execution from march 19...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register