Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangamanath (Bank Manager)     01 April 2023

Can i file contempt of court

Sir,

I am Bank Manager under suspension. Bank has issued charge sheet against me. But in the said charge sheet it has not provided list of documents and witnesses. As i already made 2 applications by post and after 2 application under RTI. Bank has rejected my pleas stating those documents are exempted under RTI ACT. Then I moved to WP to high court. Then court has issued notice on 3.11.22 to management. On 5.11.22 bank has issued notice of dapt enquiry fixing date of enquiry on 17.11.22. On the same day judgemnt was reserved. The honble court has directed to supply requested documents. But bank had conducted enquiry on same day making me exparte. Interesting fact is the said enquiry of notice was delivared to some other person.

Can i file contempt of court against bank

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2023

It will not fall under the contempt of court proceedings. 

This is a strong evidence for your argument against the bank to prove their fraudulent departmental enquiry, before high court in the pending writ petition.

Once the court is passing the order, the bank has to obye the court order or it has prefer an appeal agaisnt the court order. 

You can discuss with your lawyer and proceed as suggested

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 April 2023

As you have stated the inquiry and High Court has passed order on the same day, hence there is "NO" scope for disobedience of High Court order and no contempt case is made out against departmental inquiry.

Consult your lawyer who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case(s), an able, competent and intelligent enough, besides the fact that s/he is engaged / paid and bound to satisfy your question(s) / queries. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register