25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyanka Siraswal   23 February 2022

Can i cancel my immediate divorce

I got divorce after 18 days of my marriage from gaziabad court and my marriage certificate also were submitted in the court on the same day. Now i want to valid my marriage again.Is this possible?


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 February 2022

Start your married/ divorced life again, even without going for cancellation of decree of divorce granted by Gaziabad Court. 

No legal problem / issue. Best of luck.

Submission of marriage certificate in the Court and grant of divorce are two different issues, be clear what do you intend to communicate.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 February 2022

You can as a formality get remarried before the Registrar or in ARYASAMAJ.  Court order can not invalidate the remarriage and is not against such compromise and applying and getting divorce within 18 days after marriage is a surprise.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 February 2022

There is nothing in law that prevents a divorced couple from  remarriage.

Joint Secretary   01 March 2022

Dear Querist


Vivek Kumar Singh
District , Family & High Court Lucknow
Phone No. 9889166094

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query