LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arnit Dave (Business Analyst)     12 December 2014

Can i apply for passport? (498a)

I came in the list of my family members who are engaged and struggling in case like 498a. It was 2012 when this case was registered and I have just completed my graduation. I struggled alot to get my field job and after that I have to join off field job.

Also because of same I can't apply for passport. Now a days professionally I am working hard to get L1;B1or H1 visa so I can try for oversea companies.

Can someone please help me with my queries that how can I apply for passport and what can I do.



 3 Replies

AS   12 December 2014

Apply for passport i think there should not be any problem because you are accused in 498A , but you are not convicted.

I work for USA PHARMA company outsourced , I sit in india.

This company have a very strict policy for BG c of my BG check and i was also worried as 498A was pending , But i all went well , I asked for result Check they said its green as you are not convicted.

Ravi (a)     15 December 2014

can i also apply for passport renewal in the midst of 498a and DV on me? i am the A1 in 498a case.

will it be clear approval from passport department on renewing my passport? pl advice

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     20 December 2014

Yes you can apply / renew your passport.

Passport department asks for NOC for government employees only.

Since, you are not a government employee they will not ask anything,

Hence don't worry. Please apply for passport.



Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links for sample petitions and other necessary clues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query