Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhinakaran (Proprietor)     01 January 2018

Can i apply duplicate copy of a will document which is lost

My father wrote a will favoring me bfore 4 years. The document was missed. But the document is registered in sub registrars office. How can i apply for duplicate document.


 3 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     01 January 2018

You have to visit the Sub-Registrar's office concerned, and make an application for certified copy.  You may have to pay some charges for the same.  You will get it.  You have to make enquiries with the Sub-Registrar's office and proceed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 January 2018

Of course duplicate certified copy of the document can be obtained from the office of concerned SR on a prescribed fees.

However, please leave this platform for guidance on legal "disputes" instead of procedural aspects, LCI Admin is requested to filter such questions.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 December 2018

If you father is not alive, then apply for certified copy of will of your father along with the copy of death certificates.  The certified copy of Will/Testament and some other documents will not given to others other than the parties in the document.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads