Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (asst prof)     22 May 2011

can girl claim equal share

hello iam madhu  ...the thing is there is a land which belongs to ancestors now my mother wants to claim the equal share in the property because it is going to sold by her brothers without seeking her  ..please tell me if my mother can claim the equal share according to hindu ancestral property act and can we stop the sale of the land by giving lawyer notice..

one more thing  that land has no substantial records as a support of proof so please guide me how to solve this issue

 4 Replies


check with registrar office that if there are any alienations entered till  12/2004.  if any document registered it will not affect the sale.  if no such document has been creted till now better issue legal notice and  file a suit for patition before a competant civil court.  Apply encumbrance certificate along with survey number. you get reliefs and proofs

madhu (asst prof)     22 May 2011

hello ..grateful to your quick reply...that land got survey numbers and it  was registered after  the name of my mother's father by hook or crook though it belongs to ancestors ...

Advocate M.Bhadra   22 May 2011

If you do not have any registered Deed in respect of the said property ,you may search the ADSR and BLRO to identify the rightful owner.Your mother can claim her share and in this regard she also transfer her share to others in a undivied property.Now you should file a suit for Partition in the proper Civil Court.

1 Like

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     23 May 2011

Yes your mother will get the share, for the procedure you may contact local lawyer.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query