LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Can Forgery be made Compoundable under Certain Circumstances ?

A student took Fee Reimbursement from State Government on the basis of Forged Income Certificate.

If someone complained about him in future, can he pay back the money with interest to the Social Welfare department & gets the income certificate cancelled.
Can he/she get the criminal proceedings if any pending against him Quashed from the High court after Settlement ?
Or Court will punish him without taking a lenient view that he committed the offence when he was a student ?


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 December 2023

Whether student or not, the offence has been committed by that person. 

If it is proved beyond doubt, then the law will take its own course of legal action. 

1 Like

Ramesh   16 December 2023

Sir what should i do ?

I have committed the Mistake ,I didn't prepared that certificate , it was prepared by a Broker at Revenue Department without my knowledge and without my signature , He filled all the details , And i used that certificate , Now no one knows about it , except one of my relative on whome i don't trust.


I was a student , now i am very uncertain and frightened about my future , What should i do ? please guide me


Sir ,If i send a letter to chief justice of my high court confessing my crime as i am not able to sleep properly because of the thing i did ,Can i get less sentence & can i be then able to apply for a Government job ?


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2023

Until and unless there is no problem visible on this you may better remain silent without discussing the subject matter with anyone.

If at all any such adverse things emerge in future we can workout on the solutions at that time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register