LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can dowry case be filed after 7 years of marriage?

Page no : 3

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 December 2011

We are informed Dr. Leo.


But I guess this is what was concluded in this thread before your remark too.





Shonee Kapoor

Raj (fr)     04 January 2013

If it is shows video and snaps of 8 yrs of happy marriage with celebrating our all marriage anniversary,children birthdays wife offical signed documents of husband support and appreciation,even proof of wife medical checkups,land purchase agreement in wife name and no proof is available with OP of givng me a single penny,then will court gve me character certificate.Only verbal claim of wife will it work.



Lula Gupta (sdads)     27 October 2013

Hello What about ppl harrassing other couples? I know someone, who received dowry. He and his wife live a wonderful live, but a stranger (to me) threatens her with sewing him, if the wife does not engage in an affair with him. Unfortunatly this person has an email confirming the dowry.


Is that even possible? I thought these case can only be openened by the wife or so...

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     27 October 2013

It is amusing how Advocates are giving conflicting opinions in an otherwise simple case which can be verified relatively with ease.  The non-advocates seem to be giving a more precise legal direction. Like @Raj Kumar Singh referencing the Act which may give more precise info and I am sure that there must be scores of judgments too on this or possibly the Limitation Act or other such direct provisions in the law concerning the civil and criminal aspects of dowry.

So, Advocates Sirji! Why don't you do some research before you start throwing opinions? This is the reason why your profession is looked down upon. 

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005     04 December 2013

Dear Sameer,

Every advocate has its own library about law and break of laws. So we usually guide you accordingly but if you say that we are wrong then come to me and i can help you what i guide you in all my guidence, coz i had already prove them before court of law and only then guide people over here. Rest the general public is also very much aware about most of the law but some flaws are kept with Advocates only else everybody will become expert in this profession without going through any hardwork.

We daily face problems in law, Judges and other judgments hence guide you accordingly.

Good luck

Syed mohd fazle haider zaidi   07 June 2016

Please help me-Fir u/s 498a, 323,504,506 IPC & 3/4 d/p act lodged after 18 years of love marriage in year 1995 and lived with wife in her house for 6-7 months . Due to various unavoidable circumstances I left her house in year 1996.In the meantime a girl child was born . We both are Muslim . On 15-9-1997 we obtained divorce with mutual consent through maulvi . On 6-2-2004 I got married with another lady, now I have a daughter and a son from my second wife. On 24-4-2012 my ex wife along with her daughter filed application u/s 125 crpc and in that application my ex wife clearly stated that " due to some disputes our divorce took place on 15-9-1997 ,since then I am living in my maternal house alongwith my daughter . That maintenance petition is still pending and the court has not granted even interim maintainance to her or her daughter .therefore on 25/11/2015 she has lodged above mentioned FIR against me , my 79 year old father and 78 year old paralysed mother ,and now she is blackmailing me , demanding Rs 10,00000/ ex wife's brother is a police inspector ,so police is harassing me. Please help me.

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     07 June 2016

 FIR/CASE can be registered even after 7 years but it is difficult to prove in other words possibility of acquttal is higher but you can not get rid of from trial/ court proceedings

thank you

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     26 March 2018

Experts may kindly consider to quote the sources based on which they reply to the help seekers?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query