LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   22 April 2024

Can civil cases be filed directly in high court

Can we file civil cases related to property inheritance directly in High Court without going to District Court first? I live in the city of High Court but the property is located in another city which falls under High Court jurisdiction of my city.


 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 April 2024

No, you can invoke jurisdiction of district court for initiation of a suit, read Section 15 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2024

You have to file the suit in the jurisdictional district court where the property is situated 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register