LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavitra Prabhakar (MBA)     14 June 2012

Can 498a accused is ineligible for govt. service

As i am facing the bogus trial of 498a , can I join central government institutes like navodaya, kendriya vidyalaya, etc as teacher

please give  your views.

Learning

4 Replies

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     14 June 2012

Unless you are found guilty and punished, you are always eligible for any government job. During the course of trial, if you appointed in the government job, before joining you will be required to disclose all pending cases against you to the employer. But merely facing a trial does not make any person ineligible for any government employment.

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar

www.jaipuriar.com

1 Like

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     14 June 2012

Ld. Jaipuriar is right, you are eligible for govt job.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2012

You are not eligible unless the police certifies that no case is pending against you. You cna appear in exam attend interview but after selection before your joining you have to fill a four paged attestation form where you have to clearly state whether you are facing /or have faced or had been in custody  at any time. If yest you have to give details  Such form will be referred to each police station where you have resided in past five years, Non will dare ot issue appointment lettrer if you are reported to be involved in crime against woman that too 498a.

I will be the happiest person if any DOPT instruction to the contrary be brought to my notice.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register