LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Chaugule   27 June 2020

call from unknown number

my one friend got call from unknown number , callar was using abusive word, to my lady friend

Learning

9 Replies

Arpit Tumbaria (Advocate at Uttarakhand High Court.)     27 June 2020

If your friend have a call recording feature in her phone, so she can record it next time or if u already have a recording then u may go to near police station and file a FIR or may file a suit of defamation.

Defamation has been defined under Section 499 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) as whoever, by words either spoken or intended to be read, or by signs or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning any person intending to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such imputation will harm, the reputation of such person is said to defame that person.

Defamation falls into two categories:

Libel – A defamatory statement published in a written form.

Slander – A defamatory statement made in a verbal form (spoken).

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 June 2020

Yes, she can file an FIR, esp. once the call is recorded. However, the facts posted, to my knowledge, do not constitute the offence of defamation.  

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 June 2020

Immediately change the SIM, make a complaint to the Cyber cell, get a true caller app on the smartphone.  You can only escape from such a nuisance in the future by taking precautions.  Only the police can call the tracer and punish him.  Most of the time, the nearest and enemies are only responsible.  Apply your mind and get doubts cleared.

sivaprasadam 22   28 June 2020

which section in crpc a person came out on default bail the person can re arrest with same crime number under what section in cr pc.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 June 2020

The above query needs to be posted in a fresh thread disclosing the complete information.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 June 2020

Originally posted by : Nitin Chaugule
my one friend got call from unknown number , callar was using abusive word, to my lady friend

Let your friend wait for another similar call. Ask him/her to record the call and report the matter to police.

However, you should avoid worrying and advocating your friend's calls/ matters.

Noan   17 February 2022

Of course, you can wait for him to call again and try to record the conversation if he didn't use a fake number.

Allan   22 February 2022

Ok, thank you

Sandra   22 February 2022

I try only to answer numbers I know and like. I don't even show my number when I register on some sites. Abroad, it became possible through the quacker.io platform to get a fake number germany to register on one site on the Internet. I used it if I could keep my information private. Everyone tries to protect their number from intrusive advertising and spam. And maybe even from unnecessary calls. Hackers are also improving their technology.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register