Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Buying rule of agriculture land in Gujarat

Page no : 3

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     14 May 2011

Dear Vishal,

you can only become farmer by virtue of bloodline in Gujarat. If your father is not a farmer you can not become a farmer. However, if you want to become a farmer you can apply to collector who will give permission to purchase the land as a farmer in case your annual income is not more than 5000/- Rs. since it is anarchic and outdated law.

In other stated except Maharashtra there is no such law.

praveensingh1@indiatimes.com

Sudip (OPERATIONS)     11 July 2011

1) What all benefits does a Khatedar hold (Gujarat) in terms of land transactions? Is there any subsidy, tax rebates/exemptions involoved?

2) Can anyone mail me the link or a PDF file containing legal laws and acts pertaining to buying/selling agricultural land in Gujarat?

Thanks to answer the above queries.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 July 2011

U r not Gujarat Farmer so u can not purchase land in gujarat for Agriculturist. 

anant (others)     11 July 2011

i am from karnataka and working in private company. can i purchase agricultural land in karnataka for investment purpose? basically i am not from agricultural background.

Sudip (OPERATIONS)     12 July 2011

I am a official khatedar by blood line in Gujarat but have was never indulged in any regular land dealings. Now, I am interested to indulge more in these activities thereby posing below queries. Kindly advise.

1) What all benefits does a Khatedar hold (Gujarat) in terms of land transactions? Is there any subsidy, tax rebates/exemptions involoved?

2) Can anyone mail me the link or a PDF file containing legal laws and acts pertaining to buying/selling agricultural land in Gujarat?

Thanks to answer the above queries.

Ritesh (Web Producer)     09 January 2012

Hi,

I am from Nadiad, I would like to purchase agriculture land but I don’t have a farmer rights, but my father has farmer rights,

Is it possible to purchase land on my father’s name and later on I can request government to add my name in purchase land? 

vishal (aaa)     30 March 2012

hii

hu mumbai ma rahu chu,mara father rajkot ma farmer che,mara dada 34vigha jamin hati temathi tamne mara father 17vigah jamin Aapeli & bakini jamin mara Baa9dadi) na name kareli,pan mara kaka mara father name je jamin hati te khoti singh karine, vechi nakhi,ane navi jamin pota name lidhi.to have Amare te jamin ma hisso joye che to su karvu tamari salah Apo.

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     01 August 2012

Dear All,

Find attached the Judgement of Hon'ble Gujarat HC in LPA no.1106 of 2011 whereby it has been held that farmer from any state can be an Agriculturist in Gujarat as per the definition in the Bombay Tenancy Act, 1948.

The state has filed an Appeal against the judgement in Hon'ble Supreme Court.

Attached File : 135107906 c lpa 1106 2011 o 3.pdf downloaded: 420 times

Abhishek (A)     25 August 2012

Is there a possibility to purchase an Agricultural land in Gujarat, by marrying to a women who is a farmer's daughter. Where can I find the relevant laws/information for this..?

Can any body please help me..!!!

Like in my case, none of my ancestors are/were farmers.. We do not have any agricultural land on our name.. Besides creating a co-operative organisation, is there any other way to purchase an agricultural land in Gujarat..???

I love law.. (ILL)

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     26 August 2012

Dear Abhishek,

You can not become a farmer by marrying a farmers or rather Agriculturist as defined in the Act. The Government has issued various circulars on the issue. One of the circular mentions that one can become farmer only by bloodline.

The daughter of the agriculturist would be an agriculturist but her name will have to be entered as a co-owner in her fathers land.

Later, the son of the daughter can also become agriculturist by entering his/her name in her mother's share. copy of such name recorded in revenue records could be shown in other areas wherever land is purchaed in their names.

Thus, marrying with a farmer may not result in your becoming a farmer but your children can subject to provisions of the Act.

1 Like

sharad (Individual)     31 August 2012

I am an agriculturist in Gujarat. I want to buy another agricultural land. What are the issues to be considered before purchasing land?

Minimum area of land to be bought

Whether Jarayat land can be bought

The procedure to be observed for Time Limit for purchase of agril land after selling existing land.

Any other relevant information for buying agri. land

Thanks.

Dushyant Pandya (Lawyer)     12 April 2013

Dear All,

Enclosed circular is the prohibition for buying agricultural land in gujarat.

Jay Hind

Attached File : 979470692 circular - 1973.pdf downloaded: 384 times

Sunil Pankhania (manager)     17 April 2013

Dear Sir,

My Self Sunil from Rajkot.

I am having allready agricultural Farmar Status. Now i am interested to sell current Land and wanted to purches new land withing Gujarat State.

Can you please advice within what time i have to purchesh new land to maintain my Farmar status ??

Your Details responce is highly appriciates.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil - 8460496603

sachin (temp)     10 December 2013

Does a farmer required prior permission to make a single house in his agriculture land for his residence purpose in Gujarat? Should it be transferred in Non agriculture land?

jitendra (student)     15 February 2014

hi
my father is 55 and is in gujarat from age of 15. Now he is retired and want to buy some agriculture land(may be 1 bigha or a acre ) near bharuch. He is rajasthani farmer.

As of recently it is announced that any farmer can buy land in gujarat.

My father is trying to get permission for buying land but it has been more than 6 months and we had many visits to goverment officers they are saying we are waiting for orders from high-authaurity.

can any one suggest me a way to get my father a agriculture land?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register