LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     20 February 2021

Buying a plot in indore

I am buying a plot in Indore from a real estate developer. The plot in township was in dispute for 13 years and the TNP act has lapsed and not RERA registered either.

The plot developer has shown me list of docs pointing that the dispute between them have come to an end and out of the 150 plots in the township 50 of them have been sold.

How do i verify his claim that the property is free from dispute and what agreement should i sign from my end so that my money doesn't get stuck in their hands in case of dispute later on ?

Learning

3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 February 2021

No meaningful suggestion is possible unless the documents are perused. A local lawyer is the best person to assist you.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 February 2021

He should have absolute ownership of the plot you wish to purchase. You may verify from the registered documents of ownership and you can further verify from the town/municipal records. It is not advisable to purchase the plot unless you are absolutely satisfied about its ownership. 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Better to seek advise from the local lawyer with the support of documents and act accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register