LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh (LEAD)     01 June 2010

Buying a Built House

I am planning to buy a built house from a person ( Mr X)

Mr X was alloted the land by Housing Co Operative Society of his company where he was working for

Mr X has built house in the allotted land

Mr X is retired now and now is planning to sell the property

He has 2 sons and 1 daughter , Mr X has assured me his children do not have any issue with the sale

I want the sale to be legally valid and do not want any issues from anyone in future

What is the procedure so that Mr X's children / Wife will not have any rights on the property after the sale

Are they (Wife and Children) required at the time of Property  Registration ?

Is there a legal document which they can sign so that there will not be any problems in future .

I just want this sale legally valid and do not want any disputes from anyone in future

Thanks,

Learning

6 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     01 June 2010

From your query it seems that the house is self acquired property of the vendor out of his own sources of income. There is absolutely no problem with the sale since the wife and children have no rights over the same. If your are uncomfortable with your apprehensions, you can ask them to sign as witnesses in the sale deed.

Rajesh.T.,9912266678 (ADVOCATE/CONSULTANT)     01 June 2010

here point is housing co operative society is a registered one or not . And the other point is to see actually what is the main agenda of the housing co operative society and the conditions and terms of the society which was reduces in the document of regd deed.The other point is to see the conyence document in favour of mr.x .after going through these documents ,one can come to conclusion.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     02 June 2010

follow A V V

Mahesh (LEAD)     02 June 2010

Thanks Mr Vishal ,

This society is from a manufacturing company which has created the society to provide housing for their employees and Mr X was working there before

What if the children are not willing to sign as witness , as they are located far from their parents though within the country  , Is there any legal document which they can sign something like a No Objection Document

Thanks,

A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 June 2010

Mahesh, it doesn't matter whether they sign it or not.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     03 June 2010

agree with vishal sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register