FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirali Nayak   17 June 2021

Builder cheated

Dear learned counsel,

The builder took money and promised to provide flats all the investors by 2017 but he doesn't fulfil that now it's been 3years we have filed the consumer case against him and now he is that he don't have money. What can be done in this case? Or should we file this case somewhere else? Can consumer court order to cease his bank account?

Please help


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 June 2021

Form as a group, subscribe to a legal fund, entrust this to two or three persons, engage a competent advocate for filing a complaint before District Consumer Forum online.  If any of the owners can undertake such a task for general interest, let him file an online complaint to District  Consumer Forum.  All others can join.   One can not alone fight with a mighty builder who is an expert in this type of violations with the support of men, money, and machinery available with him.  The cause for the whole victims has to be taken.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2021

You have the option to approach the RERA or the consumer. A collective action would be better.

Vandan Kumar   18 June 2021

If you are from Mumbai, can Approach me on 9316366062, Adv Singh

Adv. Morzaria (Advocate )     19 June 2021

What is the present stage of your consumer case

Please Share Copy of the Plaint you have filed before Consumer Forum

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2021

Since you have already approached consumer forum for relief and remedy, you may have to wait for the disposal of the case by the forum even though it may take a long time owing to current pandemic situation.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query