LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Keshrimal Sankliya   07 June 2022

breaking covid rules

in which act the person will be booked of he will break the covid 19 rule like organising party of more than 100 people in covid wave ??

Learning

2 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 June 2022

What are the facts? What is the context?

1 Like

Sravika Reddy Kohir   08 June 2022

Hello Keshrimal Sankliya, I acknowledge your question. After high spread of Covid 19 throughout the nation, the provisions of Epidemic Diseases Act,1897 were invoked.Unser section 2 of the Act it gave the power to state and union territory governments to make regulations so as to control the epidemic.

Accordingly, each state has its own penalties for the same. Majorly, they were penalised under IPC under sections 188 where it deals with the acts of disobedience against the orders passed by public servants to be given with a punishment of 6 months imprisonment and few other sections 269,270,271 etc.

When coming to the question of having a gathering or organising a party for more than 100 or any number prescribed by the government shall invoke section 144 of IPC to restrict the public gatherings and they shall be punished for violation of the same under section 188 of IPC.

I hope I answered your query, if you still have any query, you can drop here.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register