LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAVI KUMAR (PROPRIETOR)     01 March 2011

Bonds submitted to companies for employment

Dear sirs,

My son got employed at L & T as a fresh engineering graduate trainee.  At the time of employment, he was asked to provide a bond for 2 years of working at L & T and failing which, he has to repay a sum of rs.2.00 lakhs for the training rendered. 

After working for 6 months, my son got tired of the harrassment of the seniors.  No training was imparted, but they exploited him.  He was made to work from 9.00 am to 10.30pm.  and no holidays.

He gave a notice of resignation and stopped working.  They did not pay last month's salary, and PF etc;

and they threaten to recover 2.00 lakhs from us. 

Can they do this?  How to fight or prepare ourselves for their further harasments.

Can we claim his salary and other eligible payments?

will be grateful for someones advice please.







 1 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     01 March 2011

There are quite a number of queries on this subject under the Labour issues and they have been well answered. Please go through the thread with "bond validity".  Your son need not worry. He should file a complaint with the local Labour Commissioner for his unpaid salary and PF. Ideally he should meet the labour authorities and explain the grievances.


1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query