LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meethi viswanathan (Home)     27 June 2013

Birth certificate


we will be adopting a baby from my cousin ( natural parents). When we spoke to a lawyer, they told us that we need to get an adoption deed signed by natural parents and registered in sub registrar office.

there is already a birth certificate issued which lists the natural parents. We need a new birth certificate with change of surname for baby and listing us as parents.

can someone please tell me the process for getting a new Birth certificate.




 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2013

New birth certificate with new surname is not possible. Adoption deed is enough for child future.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2013

It is always left up to the guardian. No matter what the age, the child has no input in court if they are a minor going through foster care or a late age adoption. (This includes the changing of their first name.) Under usual circumstances, the child will receive the guardian's last name. It is actually advised by the courts when adopting.

ROHAN (STUDENT)     30 June 2013

if u have adoption deed is enough, for changing a name u can go in gazzette office

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     13 July 2013

You can apply for rectification of names of the parents in the birth certificate. Apply in the birth registration office for this. 

Adarsh kumar pandey (Software Engineer)     31 January 2014

HI, I am adopted child and on my birth certificate my natural parents name is there and there is a legal case going on in court to cancel the adoption though in lower(magistrate) court i won the case . Will there be problem when I apply for passport. if yes please let me known the solution. thanks

sankar (Software Engineer)     02 June 2014

Meethi - Let me tell what we did. What Ramachary said is wrong.

We can change the biological father/mother name in the birth certificate with the adoptive father/mother name as per new circular from CARA.

Get a valid adoption deed executed from court and get it registered in the Sub registrar in your area.

Submit an application to make correction in the Birth Certificate along with Form 1-A to the Birth Registrar in your place.

Birth Registrar will make required correction as per the court order and provide you the new Birth Certificate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register