LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh reddy (student)     07 March 2021

Bigamy with the foreign marriege act

Find attached her 2nd marriage certificate.

My wife married 2nd time in USA and I got apostilled her marriage certificate.

Query: For bigamy ,as per foreign marriage act ,Is marriage certificate is enough or do I need to prove that homa manthras,sapthadi done in her 2nd marriage.

THE FOREIGN MARRIEGE ACT, URL :    https://legislative.gov.in/sites/default/files/A1969-33_0.pdf

THE FOREIGN MARRIEGE ACT, 1969 Section 14. Certificate of marriage.—(1) Whenever a marriage is solemnized under this Act, the Marriage Officer shall enter a certificate thereof in the form specified in the Third Schedule in a book to be kept by him for that purpose and to be called the Marriage Certificate Book, and such certificate shall be signed by the parties to the marriage and the three witnesses. (2) On a certificate being entered in the Marriage Certificate Book by the Marriage Officer, the certificate shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence of the fact that a marriage under this Act has been solemnized, and that all formalities respecting the residence of the party concerned previous to the marriage and the signatures of witnesses have been complied with

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register