LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay anand (Consultant)     13 August 2022

Bigamy by government servant

A government servant got married second time without informing his authority,now after the death of his wife,he has given a letter to nominate his second wife and 2 children to add as nominee in his service book .what action can be initiated on that person.first wife has given repeated complaints with police and this person didn't even obey the court order.she during corona due to poverty lack of food.first wife had no kids.


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 August 2022

Without divorce, he cannot remarry the 2nd wife.  It is bigamy.  But his 1st wife is no more, the complainant has to prove that he married 2nd wife when his 1st wife was alive.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 August 2022

Whether first wife has filed any complaint u/s 494 IPC and informed the employer ? If so, second marriage is illegal and invalid, however, children born out of this (second) marriage are legitimate.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 August 2022

Had he already submitted the nomination in respect of his first wife and childre? What are the details furnished?

What is the explanation furnished by him in respect of the second/revised nomination? What are the particulars furnished? When was the nomination furnished?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query