LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Qtv Telugu   14 May 2022

bigamy 494 and 498 question

My sister got married 1 year back with UK NRI

after 2 years we found that he got married with another indian girl, but not sure where he got married (indian or uk)

How find where he got married (indian or uk)
How to find marriage proof from embassy.
If he married in uk, bigamy case applicable or not?
Right now his in uk.
How to proceed with criminal case? Can we cancel his passport?


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 May 2022

Contact someone in the UK (you can explore face book or your friends' links) and get facts first.  As of now, there is no case against him and the status is not known to you.  Your sister can write a petition or seek information  through the online RTI India portal with Rs.10/- fee from the Indian embassy and can seek such information under the "Life or Liberty clause:

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     15 May 2022

Write to Indian Embassy in U.K. with his full details, if he has married in U.K. the details will be easy to acquire. It is more difficult and nearly impossible to find his marriage details in India. However it will a sfe bet for you to file divorce proceedings in India. You do not have a legal right to ask for the cancellation of his passport unless you can prove beyond all reasonable doubts about his act of bigamy.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 May 2022

Your query

"How find where he got married (indian or uk)

How to find marriage proof from embassy."

None of the above questions are legal disputes for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query