LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank Udavant   09 March 2024

Bed and breakfast noc from society

I have a row house bungalow in a cooperative housing society of 10 row houses and 4 individual bungalows in Maharashtra. I want to apply for MTDC Bed and Breakfast license and for that need society NOC. can the society deny my application for such NOC and if yes, on what grounds?

Learning

4 Replies

Sidhhi   09 March 2024

Ask for NOC in most probability it won't be refused.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 March 2024

Until and unless this is an illegal business or activity,  the society cannot refuse permission or NOC.

The society may at its discretion may levy some charges for this commercial activity. 

Shashank Udavant   10 March 2024

Thanks for the reply.. Further to the above question I want to ask can the managing committee pass a law in a General Body meeting with simple majority baring members from using their property for B&B?

Thanks in advance 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2024

Any such law that the management may propose to pass or get it passed will not be legally valid because it is deprivation of an individual's rights. 

The society cannot dictate its terms,  such decisions are to taken by a two third majority. 

You can take legal action if you're forced to stop by filing a suit for permanent injunction against the management. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register