LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ahyfch   28 November 2021

Bank locker in joint name

I have joint locker with following situation.

My Father-in-law(primary holder)

My husband (second holder)

Me(third holder)

Currently, my father-in-law has locker keys & he usually operates locker in our absence. Currently, I am not in good terms with my in-laws. My husband is not courageous enough to ask for key. Most of the stuff in locker is mine. How do I stop my father-in-law to operate locker in my absence as I feel my stuff is in jeopardy?


 5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 November 2021

I don know why your FIL  has to be joint owner witth you.. If you want to stop any of the partiies from operating the locker individually ,just submit an application to bank, adress to manager and mention your account details, co-operators /joint owner details and request them not to let any of the parties to operate account in your absence. Get receipt of the application on a copy . They will not let your FIL or husband to individually operate it.

Ahyfch   29 November 2021

Yes, his only intension is to keep control on my personal things. Anyways, currently I am out of station so,Is there a way to process this application online?

If yes, please guide me through it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 November 2021

You can also issue online after your directions to the Bank orally.  The hard copy must be sent after the mail through registered ack due. Further during your next visit, purchase a padlock of your own and lock your locker, as there is provision for an extra lock.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2021

Yes, you need to take up the matter with the Bank.

Anaita Vas   29 November 2021

If you want to delete the name of one joint account holder, a simple process needs to be followed to make the required change.

A form for deletion of bank account holder can be taken from the bank branch or downloaded from the bank website. The same needs to be filled and signed by the remaining account holders as well as the holder whose name is sought to be deleted.

Account number and type of account and name of the holder whose name is to be deleted, should be mentioned in the form. If the account holder whose name is to be deleted is a minor, the guardian’s name also should be mentioned.
The account holders can change the mode of operation of the account to either jointly, survivor or single. Else one can continue with the original mode of operation.

Write to the bank about your issue.



Anaita Vas



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query