LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gourab Roy   11 March 2022

Bank account freeze by cyber crime

I have a saving account in kotak mahindra bank. On 24/02/2022 Someone placed a fruad complaint against me and after that within 24 hours my 2 bank account including kotal get freeze by cyber crime. Then on 26/02/2022 I communicated with that people and resolved our problem after that he (victim) withdraw the complaint from cyber crime website and consumer forum. And now 13/14 has been gone. But still my bank accounts don't get unfreeze notice from cyber crime. Also the complaint status showing under process on cyber crime website

Learning

2 Replies

Palak batra   11 March 2022

Dear Querist,

The judgment creditors are not liable for notifying you before obtaining a judgment. However, a creditor needs to inform you about the lawsuit filed and judgment against you. This may not always be the case. You may discover the court case only when your bank account gets frozen.

In order to unfreeze the debit freeze on one’s account, the account holder must furnish PAN/Form 60 (as applicable) to the bank. The account holder can visit the nearest bank branch and fill up a designated form for update of customer details. Self attested copy of PAN or Form 60 shall be attached to the form and submitted. Original PAN should also be carried along at the time of submission. 

Regards,

Palak

1 Like

Munish Goyal   29 October 2023

please collect information first from the bank manager  regrading the complaint number and concerned cyber police station and disputed transaction and its amount then you can contact. i will surely help you.  

Regards

Munish Goyal & Associate Lawyers
Munish Goyal Advocate
Cyber Crime Cases Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register