Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rizwan Shirgaonkar   23 January 2022

Balcony

Hi,
I like to know if I can cover my apartment balcony by installing sliding windows. The balcony area is included in the builtup area mentioned in the agreement by the builder.
Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     23 January 2022

YES, you may cover your balcony by sliding windows or in any other manner which is not a structural change in the building.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 January 2022

Yes.  Agreed with the advice of Mr. Mohit Chahal sir.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2022

1. The apartment is part of cooperative housing society or some other type ?

2. Whether such changes would not change asthetic grace / look of the apartment /

3. Whether covering balcony by installing sliding door part of sanctioned plan ?

Answer to Q  2 & 3 has to be negative, isn't so ? If so, answer to your query is NO. 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     24 January 2022

Point is you are in an Apartment block. Then there are rules and regulations by Fire Department which inter-alia prescribe to leave balconies free of hindrances for rescue in case of fire.

When we are in apartment we need to be going by the Society rules. Please discuss the matter with the Society Officials and amicably settle the matter within the local laws including by Fire Department and Municipality.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 January 2022

Any suggestion depends upon the laws as locally applicable  and the regulations of the apartment block/society.

Sciallsolle   30 May 2023

I think that you can cover my apartment balcony by installing sliding windows. However, you should pay attention to the law of the local.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register