LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajanan0000 (non)     11 September 2011

Bakshish patra

dear advocates,

My father in law made a bakshish patra in  his only son's name before his death without consulting any of his daughters and wife. My mother in law is alive and her son is not behaving properly with her as he say the house is now in his name. He dragged her out of the house and now she became homeless.

what does the indian law say about this.Can my mother in law legally stay in the house though the bakshish patra is in her son's name. Can we evict out her son legally and if it is what should we do?

 please help me



 3 Replies

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     11 September 2011

first of all one has to verify that the bakshispatra executed by your father in law during his lifetime in favour of his son.Did/does  it comply with all the legal requirement s and for that one has to go through the said bakshispatraSecondly it is the duty of the son to support her mother and for that she can claim maintenance ,shelter,and other reliefs under section 125 of cr.pc and under the provisions of Domestic violence act and also under the provisions of Maintenance of wards act.


Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     12 September 2011

If this is individual property of your father in law at that time he registered a bakshispatra in favour of his son's name so at that time his son is owner of this property.  

Lata Kapil (no)     29 January 2012

My father  had written and registered  bakshis patra in favor of my Youngest brother for he  agree to tack care of my father and mother but after 10 month he left with Children and spouses to my father house Now My father will agree to cancle this bakshis patra Plase suggetion for cancle bakshis patra without my  brother presant

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register