FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vipin (Engineer)     13 September 2013

Bail in 409, 420, 467, 468, 471 & 120b

Hi Experts,

One of my relative was working as a clerk in state transport department. His job was related to issuing permits to vehicles. A private agent complaint and filed an FIR against him in the year 2002 for some reason. 
After a long time of around 12 years he got judgement from the CJM court. The judge acquitted the complainant and gave my relative a punishment of 7 years imprisonment and Rs.40,000 fine under IPC code 409, 420, 467, 468, 471 & 120B.
All the witnesses were in my relatives favor and our advocate also ensured us that my relative will be freed without any punishment because everything is in favor of him. But everything went wrong.
Now our advocate is saying that we will challenge this verdict in the next higher court i.e Session Court to resolve the issue.
Please suggest me how should I approach now ?
I want my relative to get out of the jail instantly on bail. Kindly suggest when should we apply for bail and when will we get the bail ?
Thanks in advance.


 2 Replies

sanjay (sales)     14 September 2013

It is a difficult situation . 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     17 September 2013

Nothing to worry, you can file Bail petn in Sessions court or High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query