LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti Mishra   24 July 2020

B-warrant under section 209(1)(b)

when an accused got arresting stay in june 2018 from high court u/s 173(2) and chargesheet has been filed in May 2019 after taking statement of accused, but same accused is still under judicial custody in some other cases. is it possible to serve B-warrant to the accused. if yes than who will ask to the magistrate for B-warrant whether IO or prosecution will application application for B-warrant?

Learning

4 Replies

Shruti Mishra   25 July 2020

FIR got registered in September 2017, instead of arrest accused got arresting stay till submission of chargesheet in june 2018 from high court IO filed chargesheet in may 2019. Now current scenario is same accused still lodged in jail in other criminal cases. so can we sever b warrant to that accused in my case. if yes, than who is the appropriate person to ask to the magistrate for B-warrant

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 July 2020

What do you mean by "can we sever b warrant to that accused in my case"? Admittedly, the case is intituted on a police report.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 July 2020

What do you mean by the term "B_Warrant" in a case where the accused in judicial custody ?

Shruti Mishra   26 July 2020

thanx Mr. Om Prakash ji my query got resolved with your prompt answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register