LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Sandeep Gupta   11 May 2023

Authority to refuse sanction of medical leave

leave applied on medical grounds. No correspondence from the competent authority about refusal or sanction or second opinion was received. what will be the Status of leave at joining with medical fitness

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2023

You cannot take it for granted that the leave was sanctioned.

However on production of medical and fitness certificate your employer may not refuse to sanction medical leave. 

Usually, when a sick leave exceeds beyond two or three days, depending upon the company policy, employees are requested to submit a medical certificate to sanction the leave.

Normally, an employer can not deny a Sick Leave if the employee got the entitlement. In a few states, Sick Leave is called as Medical Leave.

Sick Leave is another common leave type mandated by the law. As these leaves are prone to misuse, employers usually seek a medical certificate if the number of days of leave exceeds two or three days at a time

Dr Sandeep Gupta   12 May 2023

Dear Sir

Actually I had applied medical leave due to covid and during that period my transfer and relieving were made. later the transfer order was stayed. There was no communication in regard of my medical leaves which was applied on medical certificates. Now on joining the department says I am already relieved and so stay on transfer order does not help me. Kindly suggest about my legal standing

Vennerse   12 October 2023

The authority to refuse the sanction of medical treatment is a complex and delicate matter. While it's important for uk dissertation writing services medical professionals to have the ability to make informed decisions in the best interest of their patients, it should always be guided by ethical principles and legal frameworks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register