LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   07 June 2024

audit of cooperative housing society in pune Maharashtra

dear learned advocates,

Few members 0f our society lodged a complaint with the Dy Registrar against the members of our MC about illegal and wrongdoings happening in society's day to day activities, eg., awarding of tenders, financial irregularities. etc

The Dy Registrar had considered the complaint of the members and appointed Inquiry Officer, i.e., a retired Accounts Officer lady, to conduct an audit of the society.

The IO submitted her report to the Dy Registrar, and we came to know from reliable sources in Dy Registrar's office that the IO has given clean chit to the present MC members but we are surprised to know that the IO has blamed the previous Chairman and MC members for wrongdoings etc. We feel something fishy maybe our present MC members bribed the IO (well, and we have no proof or evidence) but around 3 months time taken to complete the inquiry so we are doubtful about something fishy.

in view of the above, we would like to seek your valuable legal views because the Dy registrar has called the MC members and complainants for a hearing on the report of the IO next week on Monday. that's how can we defend ourselves in the hearing to prove that the IO had purposely blamed the ex MC membets and gave a clean chit to the present MC members. Can we request the dy registrar to appoint another IO to conduct a fresh audit and investigation about the illegal and wrongdoings done by the present MC members.

thanks in advance for your valuable views.

your immediate answer by Sunday would be highly appreciated.

Best regards


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 June 2024

First you attend the meeting called by the Day. Registrar and patiently listen to what he says.

If he's making a bald allegation based on the inquiry report, you may deny them and ask the Dy. Registrar to give the notice in writing to which you can give suitable reply through your advocate.

Don't agitate or create nuisance by shouting and raising your voice even if it is a fact that the allegations leveled are false.

You will get an opportunity to prove that they are wrong until then you can handle the issue patiently as well as properly with the assistance of an advocate 

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   08 June 2024

Many thanks Respected sir

Have a nice day

Best regards 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 June 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register